|
Monday, July 17, 2006
Happy 50th anniversary to MDIS since 1956 – 2006
Last Sat, 15 July 2006 we celebrated the company 50th Anniversary at Ritz Carlton. I got myself ready and took a cab down to Ritz Carlton. I was almost late. Left my house at 4.30pm and reached the hotel at 5pm. Lucky there is no traffic jams.
All done and ready to go for the dinner!!!!

On my way down to the hotel.
 The dinner was attended by Dr Vivian Balakrishnan, Minister for Community Development, Youth and Sports and 2nd Minister for Information, Communications and the Arts as the GOH, university partners, ambassadors from the embassy, vendor, members, students and staff. To some it just a normal function but it was considers an important event to us. Preparation for this event starts late last year. The committee members put in a lot of hard work to make sat event a success. Applause of clap to the organizing committee.
A number of staff was activated for the event. We are to report at the hotel at 5pm. A short briefing by the event manager before we are deploy to our station. Staff who are not activated for the event report at 6pm. The ladies all nicely dress up in their evening dress. Some look so different that I can hardly recognize them. Staffs start to arrive at 545pm. Direct them to the reception counter to sign their attendance and to drop in their lucky draw ticket. The general guest starts to arrive from 6pm onward. The first 30 guest excluding staff will win an early bird prize.
Took quite a number a photo before the dinner began.
Edrick and i

Da jie and I...

The 3 of us...

Property with MIS

that me!!! i look tired!!!

i am the little sister of the department

Present the MIS team!!!

The door to the ballroom will only open at 7pm. Guest is to hang around at the reception area till 7pm. Staff was station at the door to prevent guest form going into the ball room. By 7pm my director arrived. We were told that the GOH will arrive earlier then expected. We are to get the entire guest into the ball room before he arrives. Was at the door directing all the guest to their table. Everything seems to be kind of messy. When they enter they are standing and not sitting. Got to ask the MC to announce. But the MC is taking his own sweet time. We got to walk over and told him a few time before he actually make the announcement. Finally everyone settle down. The GOH arrive with a grand march in. The corporate video was played. Follow by the opening speech by the company president and a speech by the GOH. We launch the 50th anniversary book sign by Dr Vivian Balakrishnan. The management committee consists of the managing director, council member etc then went on stage to cut the 10kg birthday cake and to give a toast to the guest.
Dinner was served. Not the usual whole plate serve on the table but 1 individual plate each. The food was the same as the food testing few months back. Just that the first and the last dish was different. In between, there were performances on stage. Our MDIS idol also performs on the stage. Singing and dancing away. The 50 lucky draw winner was announce in stages. The 30th-50th prize was announce first. Hong keep saying that my number is on the screen. But I know he is joking with me. Never pay much attention to it. I know I will not be so lucky to won any prize. We got a totally of around 700-800 lucky draw tickets and only 50 prizes to be given out. Unless I am really tat lucky. Was busy eating and walking around taking picture with the rest. Just can’t sit still for the night.
A happy family!!!

Vanesa, da jie & I!!!

Working hard but still have the time for a photo shot!!!

The second part of the draw 11th-29 prize was announce. The MC was reading out the lucky ticket number. First screen I look through and don’t see my number. Second screen I look through and one of them sitting next to me was saying his number is 0209 and number appears is 0207. It mines number… Yeah! I won the 18th prize. So lucky of me right. Walked over to Edrick and asked him what is the prize? I was thinking it must be some movie ticket because I remember that is one of the prizes. He told me is a DVD player. So I thought is something small and easy to carry home. But when he turns around to pass me the gift I got a shock out of my life. It so big a set. It is a DVD Theater System. WOW!!!!!!! Really happy. But the next moment I was thinking how am I going to move this whole thing home. It so heavy and I hardly got the energy to carry it home. Leave it with edrick while I continue to eat my dinner. Feeling so happy. Something which I wanted.
I won the 18th Prize!!!!

My prize still wrap up!!!!

My LG DVD Home Theater Set....

Finally the last dish was served. Done and I got to start work again. Got to be at the dance floor to dance with the rest. To encourage staff and guests to dance. Just nice Jesline was there and dance with her for awhile. When it over, I start to think of how am I going to move the DVD set home. Lucky Sumei aka Da jie was there to help me. She help me to carry the whole set to her car and send me home. Thanks Da Jie.
Finally it over.
from -=Juan=- in her Own World...
10:16 PM

|
|
|